#FundYouthNYC Call to Action
The City of New York has to pass a budget by June 30th. Last month, the Mayor released the Executive Budget which proposed the following:
- The elimination of SYEP programming this summer
- CUTS to ALL summer programming including elementary and middle school camp and community center programming in Beacons and Cornerstones
This budget is negotiated between the New York City Council and the Mayor, so they need to hear from you about how important summer engagement is to you.
Providers created a summer plan based on what we have learned that calls for a restoration of services this summer, whether as a remote option or in person that accounts for social distancing.
We are calling on the Mayor to bring us to the table to talk about this plan as part of reopening plans.
Five things you can do today to help save summer programs for thousands of children in NYC this summer
- Sign on to the Save Summer Programs for Over 175,000 Children and Youth letter https://www.cccnewyork.org/actions/save-summer-programs-for-over-175000-children-and-youth/
- Write to the Mayor — https://www1.nyc.gov/office-of-the-mayor/mayor-contact.page
- Complete the Census https://my2020census.gov/
- #FundYouthNYC Campaign and CAMBA Virtual Rally on Facebook Live on Monday, June 1st at 4:30pm https://www.facebook.com/CAMBAinc/
- #FundYouthNYC Campaign and Catholic Charities Alianza Dominicana Division Virtual Rally on Thursday, June 4th at 6pm Register https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMlc–grDIjGd2_0-0eg73ElRpXWzOdqXMF