The Workshops at Good Shepherd Services
Due to COVID-19, all of our workshops are being offered online. No set date for when we will be able to offer in-person workshops. For a list of our upcoming workshops, scroll below. Please note: We are moving to a fiscal year workshops catalog. The list below includes workshops being offered from Dec 2020-June 2021, more will be added.
At this time, we are only accepting payments via credit card (we accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express). Our payment structure is listed below.
Please subscribe to our e-mail list to stay up-to-date on new offerings.
(4 -6 hours)
For registration received 30 days or more before the workshop start date
For registration received 29-5 days before the workshop start date
Thanks for your interest in The Workshops at Good Shepherd Services!
We take pride in offering a selection of our courses to members of the Greater NYC Community. In 2018, in addition to 1,251 Good Shepherd Services staff members, The Workshops were attended by 187 individuals from 92 different organizations. And they kept coming back for more! The average individual attended 4 workshops over the course of the year.
Our workshops offer a wide range of education opportunities on critical topics in the world of social services. These topics include racial equity, Art of Hosting and Participatory Leadership, trauma-informed practice, and social work practice.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: At The Workshops, we acknowledge that the path to a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive world begins with us as individuals. We have a growing list of workshops that we offer to engage our participants in learning, discussing, and reflecting upon DE&I’s core concepts.
Art of Hosting & Participatory Leadership: Through a powerful suite of conversational practices, Art of Hosting harnesses the collective wisdom and self-organizing capacity of a group. Our Art of Hosting series teaches participants creative and empowering methods for engaging groups that include timeless practices such as circle and drumming.
Trauma-Informed Practice: There is not a corner of the social services field that trauma leaves untouched. Our carefully curated series of trauma-informed workshops build awareness of the signs of trauma, its impact, and how to build resilience in oneself and others. These workshops are facilitated by Good Shepherd Services staff at the Center for Trauma-Informed Practice.
Social Work Practice: Join us as our participants brush up on their clinical skills. These one-day workshops provide continuing education to licensed social workers and explore the range of subjects that social workers engage in on a daily basis. Popular topics include engaging families, motivational interviewing, intervening with cutting, and more.
Supervisory Certificate Program: We offer this program twice a year (Spring and Fall). This program is designed for new supervisors with less than 3 years of experience, though more experienced supervisors are welcome to attend. The program focuses intentionally and intensively on assisting supervisors in gaining the necessary skills and best practices to be outstanding in their supervisory practice.
Learn More About Us
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the newest and upcoming offerings! For further questions, please contact us at TheWorkshops@goodshepherds.org. Our staff are still working remotely. Reaching us by email is preferred. We look forward to welcoming you into our community of life-long learners!
Register for an Offering Today!
We have deactivated user accounts starting in June 2020. If you have attended a workshop and having problems logging in, do not create a new user account. Simply email us to re-activate your account. If you have any questions about an upcoming workshop or future workshops, email us, TheWorkshops@goodshepherds.org.
New customers, Browse our upcoming offerings in our learning management system. Once you’re ready to register, you will be prompted to create an account. You can find more information about the workshops listed below, including the times, by entering the learning management system.
Check Out Our Upcoming Offerings!
Join our mailing list so you always receive updates on our offerings.
- December 14: An Intro to Art of Hosting (AoH) Conversations that Matter
- January 5: Reflective Listening and Effective Counseling Skills (3 CE)
- January 13 & 14: Suicide Prevention: Assessing Risk and Making Appropriate Interventions (6 CE)
- January 21 & 22: Motivational Interviewing: Moving Clients through Stages of Change (6 CE)
- January 26: An Intro to The Circle Way
- February 5: Introduction to Project Management Skills: Moving to Action
- February 9 & 10: Now We See You: Recognizing the Signs of Teen Depression and How to Treat It (6 CE)
- February 11: HIV: The Essentials
- February 22: Engaging & Motivating Adolescent Drug Users (3 CE)
- February 23: An Intro to The World Café
- February 25 & 26: Motivational Interviewing: Moving Clients through Stages of Change (6 CE)
- March 6: Reflective Listening & Effective Counseling Skills (3 CE)
- March 11: Intro to Open Space Technology
- March 20: Empathy: What We See, What We Hear, What We Say (3 CE)
- March 22 & 23: Cutting: Understanding and Intervening in Self-Abusive Behavior as a Defense in Traumatic Reenactment (6 CE)
- March 26: Adolescent Development (3 CE)
- March 27: SafeTalk: Suicide Awareness & Prevention
- April 5: Introduction to Project Management Skills: Moving to Action
- April 12: Intro to the Pro-Action Café
- April 13: Empathy: What We See, What We Hear, What We Say (3 CE)
- May 12: Intro to Storytelling Harvest
- May 15 & 16: Cutting: Understanding and Intervening in Self-Abusive Behavior as a Defense in Traumatic Reenactment (6 CE)
- May 24: Reflective Listening & Effective Counseling Skills (3 CE)
- June 1: HIV: The Essentials
- June 2 & 3: Now We See You: Recognizing the Signs of Teen Depression and How to Treat It (6 CE)
- June 4: Empathy: What We See, What We Hear, What We Say (3 CE)
- June 17: SafeTalk: Suicide Awareness & Prevention (Online)
Online Training Guidelines
Zoom registration form| As an added measure, all online workshops which are being held via Zoom, will require a registration form. If you’re logging in at the exact start time, do not click on join without first completing the registration form. In-person workshops, we require participants to sign-in, this is the same concept.
Lateness| Workshops start time are advertised in the LMS, Learning & Development workshop catalog and e-newsletter. Registrants should login 15-30 minutes before the start time of the online workshop to avoid being turned away due to lateness. Please note, there will be no refunds for customers that arrive late or registrants who do not attend. No admittance 15 minutes after online training has begun.
Participation| While this is new for most of us, we do ask you to try your best to be mindfully present and participate whenever possible. We highly recommend keeping your video on. Your computer should have audio and video capabilities. Note you can also use your smartphone for your online workshop. Keep in mind your surrounding will be visible to other participants.
Please designate time and space for your online workshop. If you have errands or personal matters to tend too, kindly schedule them during breaks, before/after the workshop or attend a later session when you can fully be present.
Evaluation| We encourage all participants to provide us with their feedback. Before the online workshop ends, you will be provided with the survey link and QR code so you can complete the evaluation. We’d like your response in real-time.
Cancellations or withdrawals| For customers who paid via credit card, if you’re unable to attend your scheduled workshop, please cancel 5 days before the workshop start date in order to receive a full refund.
Workshop Cancellation| When we do not have sufficient registration to hold a workshop, when possible, you will be notified of cancellation at least 5 business days in advance if you are registered. We reserve the right to cancel any training or substitute the facilitator. In the event of a cancellation, registrants paying via credit card will be refunded in full.
Preferred method of contact is via email as our staff are working remotely.
The Workshops at Good Shepherd Services
305 7th Ave., 9th Floor
New York, NY 10001
T: 212-243-7070, ext. 10245
The Workshops at Good Shepherd Services is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0151. Look for offerings that are “CE Eligible.”